2021 Quality Assurance (QA) Rules and Sessions:
(Quality Assurance is good from October 1, 2020 to September 31, 2021)
Morrow County Rules: All youth project members taking livestock (market and breeding) and horses are required to attend a quality assurance session annually or test out when eligible.
- This session can be in person, zoom or online.
- Parents/Guardians are required to attend the first 2 years of a project member’s required QA sessions.
- Quality Assurance must be completed 45 days before exhibition/before July 16 to show at the Morrow County Fair. State Fair first deadline will be June 6th and will depend on the specie shown.
- All test out opportunities were held in April and the first part of May. Check back next year.
Who does NOT need to attend QA: Pet Rabbit, Companion-Pet Goats, Horseless Horse, Dogs
- 2021 In Person Morrow County Sessions:
Meet at Fairgrounds Youth Building at 6:15 PM (don't be late, doors will close and dress accordingly we will be in the livestock barns):
Pick a session:
Tuesday, May 18th or Thursday, June 3rd
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Option http://yqca.org/
Youth who intend to show their project animal(s) at exhibition (e.g., county or state fair) have the option to complete an on-line YQCA session. For the training to meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA requirement for the project year:
- The on-line module completed MUST be for the correct 4-H/FFA age for the youth.
- This is not recommended for 1st and 2nd year project members because parents must attend an in-person QA.
- The on-line session must be completed at least 45 days prior to the start of exhibition. Before July 16 for Morrow County.
Youth can go to the following website to take the age-appropriate on-line module for $12: https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login
- 4-H Youth will need their 4HOnline login and password or they can create their own login and password. Youth MUST register using 4HOnline for their results to automatically show up in 4HOnline.
- Send/email email@example.com completion certificate.
- Horse Projects ONLY –
Follow the guideline that match your project(s) and project years:
Horse Project Only (More than 2 yrs.) = EquiSTEP Online OR in person QA Session required
Horse Project (More than 2 yrs.) AND Livestock Project (Any yrs.) = In Person General QA Session required. Parent attends with livestock 1st or 2nd year.
Horse Project (1st and 2nd yrs.) AND Livestock Project = EquiSTEP AND General QA Session, parent must attend.
Horse Project Only (1st and 2nd yrs.) = EquiSTEP Online
Member has tested out of QA AND has Horse Project (1st and 2nd yrs.) = EquiSTEP